John Hegarty’s 5 most provocative thoughts about Creativity
1. Collaboration is great for sex, not so much for creativity. In short, groupthink breeds blandness.
2. Bollocks to failure. Yes, it happens, but don’t dwell on it. Move on.
3. Nothing is original, so strive for something fresh instead. After all, it’s how others respond to your ideas that counts most.
4. Take your headphones off. Being creative means being connected to the world around you.
5. And finally, like Paul McCartney, everybody needs a Lennon—a partner who can challenge your thinking, and in the process, produce better art.
Excerpts from “Hegarty on Creativity. There Are No Rules”